Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
Discover a world of exotic flavours with homemade Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
The magic begins as the sweet pineapple slices caramelize in the oven, creating a luscious topping that perfectly complements the moist and flavourful cake. This cake offers a refreshing change with its tropical flavour profile, making it an excellent choice for those who prefer fruity and tangy desserts. The combination of caramelized pineapple slices, sweet cherries, and moist cake creates a truly refreshing and tangy sensation.
Our Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe is incredibly easy, with Nestlé Milkmaid being the key ingredient. You can save yourself from the effort of achieving the desired thickness and consistency.
All you need to do is pour the condensed milk into the cake batter. This adds the desired moisture and lusciousness to the texture and ensures consistent sweetness throughout your homemade treat.
The condensed milk, when combined with the pineapple and cherries, creates a heavenly caramelized topping that elevates the overall flavour of the cake.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 15 Min
- Baking - 40 Min
Ingredients for Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 tin (400 g) Nestlé MILKMAID
- 200 gms Maida
- 100 gms Butter
- 6 Pineapple Slices
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1 cup (150 ml) Aerated Soda
- ½ tsp Pineapple Essence
- ½ tsp Yellow Colour
- 5-6 tbsps Sugar for caramelisation
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Step 1: Preheat the oven at 150o C.
- Step 2: Grease an 8” square cake tin with butter. Arrange the 6 pineapple slices at the base.
- Step 3: Heat sugar in a pan till it melts and becomes brown. Pour hot caramel onto the pineapple slices and leave aside.
- Step 4: Melt butter over hot water. Cool. Add Nestlé MILKMAID and beat well. Then add colour and essence.
- Step 5: Sieve together Maida, baking powder, and soda bicarbonate.
- Step 6: Add 2 tbsps of Maida to the Nestlé MILKMAID mixture and stir. Add 2 tbsps of aerated soda and beat well. Repeat this process alternatively maida and aerated soda till all the maida and soda are used up.
- Step 7: Pour batter into a prepared cake tin and bake at 150o C for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Step 8: Remove from oven, loosen sides of cake using a knife and immediately turn onto a plate.
Tips to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Place the pineapple slices in a single layer and arrange them evenly to ensure that each slice will be well-distributed when the cake is inverted. .
- The maida mixture and aerated soda must be added to the Nestlé MILKMAID mix alternatively until both are used up completely. .
- The cake must be transferred to the plate immediately and served. .
FAQs on Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1. Can I add additional spices or flavourings to the Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe?
Yes, certainly. You can customize the Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe by adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for extra flavour. You can also add extracts like vanilla or almond to enhance the overall taste. You can adjust the quantities as per your preference.
2. How long can you keep a Pineapple Upside Down Cake?
A properly stored Pineapple Upside Down Cake can typically be kept for up to 3-4 days. To maximize its freshness and flavour and prevent the cake from drying out, you can store the cake in an airtight container.
If you plan to consume it within a day or two, you can keep the cake at room temperature. However, if you want to extend its shelf life, you can refrigerate it, which can help it stay fresh for a few more days.
3. How can I keep the Pineapple Upside Down Cake from becoming soggy?
To prevent a soggy Pineapple Upside Down Cake, ensure the pineapple slices are well-drained before placing them in the cake batter. Additionally, do not over-bake the cake, as overcooking can result in excess moisture. Properly storing the cake in an airtight container can also help maintain its texture.
4. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan when flipping it over?
To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease the cake pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the caramel and pineapple. Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool for a few minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate or cooling rack.