Eggless Date Cake Recipe
This moist and sticky date cake is perfect for a tea time sweet fix. What's more, it doesn't need eggs or a fancy mixer. Can heaven be any simpler to reach?
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 20 Min
- Baking - 40 Min
- 1/2 tin (200gms)Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1/2 cup (75 ml)Nestlé a+ Nourish Milk
- 1/2 pack (100 gms)Nestlé a+ Nourish Dahi (Curd)
- 1 cup (80 gms)Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 10-12 (100 gms)Chopped Dates
- 1/2 cup (75 ml)Oil
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 2 tbspChopped Walnut
How to make Eggless Date Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, grease a 4x6 inch cake tin and dust with maida. Keep it aside. In a pan, boil the milk and remove from heat. Add the chopped dates and let it cool.
- Puree the dates soaked in milk, in a blender. Add the oil into the blender and process again until complete oil is incorporated and mixture becomes thick. Add Nestlé MILKMAID, dahi and blend well. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- Sieve maida and baking soda well and fold it into the date mixture. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and mix well. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in preheated oven for 25 –30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, remove the cake onto a serving dish. Slice and serve.
Recipe you might like