Fruit Cake RecipeYou will never opt for store bought Fruit cake again with this easy to follow recipe. The romance of soaking the fruits and the aroma of warm spices filling up the wintry air are just too irresistible. Even if you are not big on Christmas, this rich fruit cake will change your mind for sure.
- Servings - 10
- Preparation - 40 Min
- Baking - 60 Min
- 1 tinNestlé MILKMAID
- ½ cup (75 gms)Sugar
- ⅓ cup (50 ml)Warm Water
- 2 cups (200 gms)Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 tspBaking Soda
- ½ tspDalchini (Cinnamon) Powder
- ½ tspJaiphal (Nutmeg) Powder
- 100 gmsButter
- 150 mlAerated Soda
- 1½ cups (150 gms)Chopped Dry Fruits
How to make Fruit Cake
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Grease an 8” round cake tin and dust with maida. Heat sugar in a pan until it melts and becomes brown. Add warm water to make caramel syrup and keep aside.
- Sieve together maida, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg, 2 to 3 times. Sprinkle 1 tbsp maida into the chopped dried fruits to coat them.
- Mix softened butter and Nestlé MILKMAID in a bowl. Fold in the dry sieved ingredients alternating with aerated soda and caramel syrup until all are used. Add the chopped dry fruits and fold them into the batter carefully.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for about 45 minutes at 180° C or until the cake is done. Remove from oven, cool for a while. Loosen the sides of cake and transfer onto a plate. Cool slightly before cutting into pieces.
Recipe you might like