Banana Cake Recipe
When it comes to food that brings us utmost joy, cake has to be at the top of the list. Cake is one of those treats that everyone enjoys and can't seem to get enough of! There are numerous types of cakes, each with its own flavour and texture. And now it’s time to move over the regular cakes and replace them with a banana cake for a drool-worthy and delicious twist on your snack or brunch treat. Banana cake is a luscious and tasty afternoon tea snack that may be enjoyed at any time.
This snack meal, which is popular for high tea, is quick and easy to prepare. Though there have been many varieties of banana cakes, this one is the easiest to make because it uses condensed milk.
If you’re wondering how to make banana cake at home using condensed milk then Milkmaid, maida, butter, dahi and bananas are all you'll need to make this cake recipe. This eggless banana cake recipe is perfect for a kitty party, game night, or even a picnic with your friends and family. We are confident that everyone will enjoy this dish if you give it a shot. You can now make this simple banana cake recipe at home as a treat for your loved ones. What exactly are you waiting for? Here’s how to make a banana cake at home with the Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 20 Min
- Cooking - 30 Min
- ½ tin (200 gms) Nestlé MILKMAID
- ½ cup (75 gms) Nestlé a+ Nourish Dahi
- 50 gms Softened Butter
- 2 cups (200 gms) Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 mashed Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
How to make Banana Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180º C. Grease a loaf cake pan and dust with flour and keep aside.
- Beat together Nestlé MILKMAID and butter in a bowl till creamy. Add dahi and beat well.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda well. Fold the maida mixture into above batter. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla essence and mix well
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 –30 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cake onto a serving dish. Slice and serve.
- Do not overbeat your batter are it will result in a tough cake.
- To avoid overcooking, check your cake after 25 minutes of baking.
- Make sure the cake is completely cool before decorating it, or you'll end up with a melty décor.
1. What happens if you over-bake banana cake?
If you use too much banana, your banana cake will be heavy and wet in the middle, making it look undercooked and unpleasant. You can always freeze bananas if you don't use them right away.
2. Why isn’t my healthy banana cake recipe not turned out fluffy?
The more you mix your banana cake batter, the more gluten develops in the loaf, which is fantastic for a yeast-risen, chewy loaf but not so great for a tender, soft fast bread. A dense, rubbery loaf results from an overmixed banana bread batter.