Kaju Chocolate Chakri Recipe
Diwali is incomplete without crackers and some lip-smacking desi mithai. This Diwali, try the Kaju Chocolate Chakri, which is shaped like the chakri, which is a Diwali fire cracker to satiate your taste buds. This unique Diwali dessert can easily cheer up your kids and family and instantly get you into the festive mode.
This quick Kaju Chocolate Chakri recipe is ideal for serving on special occasions. However, many people avoid making a Kaju Chocolate Chakri at home for fear of not getting the right consistency and colour. Fortunately, you don't have to be worried! You can make this simple Kaju Chocolate Chakri recipe at home this festive season because it only requires a few ingredients. Learn how to make Kaju Chocolate Chakri at home using Nestlé MILKMAID.
- Servings - 12
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 15 Min
Ingredients for Kaju Chocolate Chakri
- 3/4 tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 300 gms Cashews, Broken
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Optional Silver leaf
- For Garnishing Chopped Pistachio
How to make Kaju Chocolate Chakri
- Step 1: Wash and soak cashews for 1 hour in water. Drain water and make a fine paste in mixer grinder.
- Step 2: In a heavy bottom pan, add cashew paste, Nestlé MILKMAID, & cocoa powder. Mix it well and cook on low-medium flame till the mixture starts leaving sides of the pan and becomes little thick, with a soft dough like consistency.
- Step 3: Knead the dough once cool. Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a long strip of medium thickness and give a Jalebi shape (Chakli shape). Make all the chakris and garnish with silver leaf (optional) & chopped pistachios.
Tips to Make Kaju Chocolate Chakri
- Make sure you soak the cashew well in advance so it will become easier in making a paste. .
- You can go on to decorate your dessert with chocolate chips, almond flakes, Chopped Pistachio or anything of your choice.
FAQs on Kaju Chocolate Chakri
1. How to achieve a smooth texture?
To get a smooth textured Kaju Chocolate Chakri, it's vital to knead the dough while it's still warm.
2. What to do if the Kaju Chocolate Chakri dough cracks while shaping or moulding?
When the dough is too dry and needs moisture, it will crack during shaping. Add a few drops of oil to your palm and knead the dough for a smooth finish.