Mawa Mithai Modak Recipe
Introducing our new Mawa Mithai Modak recipe – a taste of tradition with a twist! Our recipe combines the sweet richness of Nestlé MILKMAID and the enchanting aroma of cardamom, harmonising perfectly with the nutty goodness of almonds and cashews. A touch of saffron water adds a subtle, floral note that elevates every bite.
But what sets these modaks apart is their texture. The outer layer offers a satisfying crunch with a hint of coconut, a nod to classic flavours. The interior, truly magical, is a soft, doughy embrace that captures the essence of traditional mithai. Plus, the toasted pistachios, almonds, and cashews offer a delightful surprise adding a satisfying crunch to each mouthful.
When you’ll hold this Mawa Mithai Modak, you'll appreciate its smooth, expertly crafted exterior. And with that first bite, you'll experience the modak's gentle crumble, revealing the delectable stuffing within, adding depth and complexity to your indulgence.
To complete this culinary masterpiece, you can generously garnish the modaks with silver vark, saffron strands, and pistachios. They're not just a treat for your taste buds; they're a visual delight – the perfect dessert for every celebration.
Try our new Mawa Mithai Modaks recipe and savour a blend of tradition and innovation, offering you a taste and texture experience that's simply extraordinary.
- Servings - 8
- Preparation - 5 Min
- Cooking - 15 Min
Ingredients for Mawa Mithai Modak
For Modak Base
- ½ cup Crushed Biscuits
- ½ cup Desiccated Coconut
For Mithai Modak
- ½ tin Nestlé MILKMAID
- 2 tbsp Saffron water
- A pinch Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Almond powder
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nut powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Chopped Pistachios
- 1 tbsp Chopped Almonds
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cashew Nut
- Pistachios (Blanched & Sliver)
- Few Saffron Strands
- Silver Vark (Optional)
How to make Mawa Mithai Modak
For Modak Base
- Step 1: In a bowl, add crushed biscuits, desiccated coconut and mix it well.
For Mawa Mithai Modak
- Step 1: In a bowl, add prepared modak base, saffron water, Nestlé MILKMAID, cardamom powder, almond powder, cashew nut powder and make a soft doughy mixture.
- Step 2: For Stuffing, in a pan, heat ghee, add pistachios, almonds, cashew nut and toss it for a minute.
- Step 3: Take a modak mould, stuff with the prepared modak mixture and make a cavity in the middle.
- Step 4: Stuff the modak with the prepared stuffing and close the edges.
- Step 5: Scrape out the excess mixture and press the mould well to get the perfect shape.
- Step 6: Demould the modak and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Step 7: Garnish it with silver vark, saffron strands and pistachios.
Tips to Make Mawa Mithai Modak
- To enhance the flavor, use freshly ground cardamom powder for more aromatic and flavourful modaks.
- Grease the mould with ghee to prevent sticking.
- Toast the nuts in ghee to prevent off aromas.