Chilled Lime Pie Recipe
This light, limey pie has a cheesecake feel to it and is the perfect summer dessert. The citric punch of the lime cuts down the creaminess of the filling and leaves a lingering desire for another bite. This is an extraordinarily simple, no bake recipe. Swirl a few drops of green food colouring on top for added glamour.
- Servings - 6
- Preparation - 20 min
- Chilling - 120 min
- 1/2 tin (200g)NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100g /15 biscuitsLow Sugar Biscuits
- 6 tbspButter Melted
- 1/3 cup (50ml)-Lime Juice
- 1 cup (150ml)-Fresh Cream
- Few dropsGreen Food Colour (Optional)
- Crush the biscuits finely, add the melted butter and mix well. Press this onto a greased shallow glass dish/loose bottom pie dish and chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Whisk the NESTLÉ MILKMAID Sweetened Condensed Milk and lime juice together until thick. Whip the cream till soft peaks form and fold into the condensed milk mixture, gently mix till combined.
- Pour onto the chilled biscuit layer and swirl the green colour through the mixture to get a marbled effect. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until set.